Sunday, January 5, 2014

Chicken and Gravy



Well....what a whirlwind the past couple weeks have  been!  I super love the holidays and look forward to it all year long, however, I'm kinda glad it's over! I've spent weeks getting everything together for all of the goodies that I make for friends and family.  Sadly, I didn't take that many pictures of it. (This whole blogging thing is a lot of fun, but I must admit, I dont always think of taking pics when I'm busy in the kitchen.....oops! I will have to work on that!)

On to the recipe!

This is chicken and gravy. Yum. 

Very easy....even the worst cooks can do this! The recipe comes from good ol Pinterest.

 Enjoy!




What you'll need:

2 lbs chicken breast (this was 5 breasts for me)
2 packages of chicken gravy mix
1 (10oz) can cream of chicken soup
2 cups water
 Fresh cracked Pepper to taste



Mix the soup, water, pepper and gravy pouches together. (Try to get this mixture as smooth as possible. Use a whisk.)

Clean chicken and put in the bottom of the crock pot.




Pour the gravy/soup mixture over the chicken.

Cook on low for 4 hours.

I used 2 forks and shredded my chicken a bit when it was finished cooking.



We had ours over rice (yes, on a paper plate....I despise doing dishes) with a little hot sauce and some green beans! 

So easy, but very yummy! With all of this cold weather, a little comfort food is so nice!

No comments:

Post a Comment